mark daku, ph.d.
location: geneva / rome
contact: mark.daku at gmail dot com
current: performance management consultant, world food programme
current: instructor, policy and data science program
previous: assistant professor, tcu
previous: vice-president, large-n analysis, inc.
previous: postdoctoral fellow, mcgill
- laurence marquis, mark daku (forthcoming). research ethics. key concepts in research methods.
- erin crandall, kate puddister, mark daku (2019). covering the court: media framing of physician-assisted dying litigation from rodriguez to carter. what’s #trending in canadian politics? understanding transformations in power, media, and the public sphere.
- aliya allen-valley, mark daku (2019). delayed responses: reactivity in international responses to the ebola and zika crises. global health governance.
- jonathan huang, farhan majid, mark daku (2019). estimating effects of uber ride sharing service on road traffic mortality in south africa: a quasi-experimental study. journal of epidemiology & community health.
- mark daku (2018). ethics beyond ethics: virtue in global health research. bmc medical ethics.
- julie moreau, mark daku (2017). much `i do' about nothing? the impact of south africa's civil union act on media representations of marriage. journal of african media studies.
- jonathan craft, mark daku (2017). a comparative assessment of elite policy recruits in canada. journal of comparative policy analysis.
- stuart soroka, mark daku, daniel hiaeshutter-rice, joshua pasek, lauren guggenheim (2017). negativity and positivity biases in economic news coverage: traditional versus social media. communication research.
- mark daku & krzysztof j. pelc (2017). who holds influence over wto jurisprudence. journal of international economic law.
- josé ignacio nazif-muñoz & mark daku (2016). are health systems in africa and latin america and the caribbean reducing traffic fatalities?. traffic injury prevention.
- jody heymann, mark daku (2014). a simple solution: ensuring equitable access to sick leave. canadian medical association journal.
- mark daku, andrew gibbs, jody heymann (2013). representations of mdr and xdr-tb in south african newspapers. social science & medicine.
- mark daku, amy raub, jody heymann (2012). maternal leave policies and vaccination coverage: a global analysis. social science & medicine.